Friday, October 17, 2008

♥~*HAPPY ANNIVERSARY*~♥

















Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Thirty-Nine years of wedded bliss. How in the heck!??! LOL

The story of how they met is one of my favorites. My dad tells it best, but I'm gonna try it today. :o)

A college buddy of his set them up on a blind date. My dad arrived at her house to pick her up and her sister Pam answered the door. My dad of course was a little taken aback - his buddy told him this girl was a looker - and well, my Aunt Pam was...not the looker he was expecting! LOL Then....he saw her. She was coming down the stairs in a pretty soft yellow sundress and he said it was love at first sight. ♥ Awww! That was July and they were married in October. Whoa! I always tell him, "Wow, Dad, you were a fast mover." And he responds, "well, I thought it was the next logical step." (Geeeez! Men) LOL

The story of the proposal cracks me up as well, and of course...we tease him about that too! He said something like, "Uh...How 'bout lets get married" LOL I'm like "Dad, your so romantic, goodness." Of course he grins and chuckles about it now, but my Mom says (her words dripping with sarcasm), "yeah, I was completely swept off my feet. What a proposal."

I honestly don't know how they've done it. I've been married for only 8 years and well, the world is much different now than it was back then.

So Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!
I hope you have a wonderful day ~ Love you guys ♥ !!
**************************************************************************
Happy Happy Friday to everyone!!















I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Love & Peace, ♥

7 comments:

Ally said...

Awww that is such a sweet story, thanks for sharing!

Sweets 'N Greets said...

Happy Anniversary Angie's mom and dad!!!!

What a beautiful story and, WOW, 39 years???? I'm with you...the world is a lot different now and, sadly, marraige seems to be the "trendy" thing to do...forget about love. :-(

BUT your parents are wonderful role models! Thank you for proving love does exist :-)

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Thanks Ally!! :o)

Thanks Laura, what a lovely thing to say. Thirty nine years with the same man. Yep...that woman is my hero! LOL Hugs!

Josh said...

I may not know the first thing about marriages, but that was a wonderful and heartwarming story. The dog is sitting in a chair! *snicker*

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Thank you for saying so Josh. I appreciate it! And yes...the dog is just chillin...and his little feetsies cannot reach! But he is adorable, huh? Awww!

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Anniversary to your parents! I love the stories they were great!

That picture of the dog is TOO much!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend!

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Thank you Sharon!! You do the same!