Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I'd Like To Thank The Academy...
Within the last month, I've been the recipient of two beautiful blog awards.
First was the Luna Award given to me by Sharon of Mana Moon Studios - an unbelievable honor, especially coming from Sharon. :o)
Several days later, I received yet another award from Sharon of Mana Mooon Studios. Another great honor. I appreciate these awards more than I can say, Sharon. To be recognized for my blog is just crazy to me, mainly because, ya know...I'm just doing my thing!! LOL I'm so grateful Sharon! Truly!!
Now...with this award, the rules are for me to list 6 things that make me happy. :o) This shouldn't be hard because I appreciate the little things in life. Some will be touching (aw!), and some will just be silly. As my Mom always said, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Soooo without further ado, here we go:
1. My parents. I've lived away from my them for many years now. Every single time I'm with them, it puts me in a good mood. I'd like to think its the whole "accepting me for who and what I've become" thing. There's absolutely no judgment. No matter what I've done, no matter how much weight I've gained, etc. They still love me regardless. People are so fickle now a days. Moods change constantly, you have your good days and you have your bad. But my Mom always looks at me like, "oh my sweet baby girl". Its the best feeling! I couldn't wait to get out when I lived at home. Now I can't wait to go back. Ain't life funny?
2. Mac & Oliver - my doggies. Its a wonderful feeling to be welcomed home after a hard day to barks, talking, wags, kisses. It doesn't matter what day --- they're always happy to see me. There's something to be said for unconditional love. ♥
3. Despite yesterdays post, my work table. If I'm in the right frame of mind, I can sit over there all day long. I mean, I usually don't get up except to use the bathroom. LOL
4. Music. I'd be lost without it. Honestly. Its such an important part of my life. I'm partial to the old stuff, like from the 30's and 40's, but I do love ALL types. All genres have their good artists. You just gotta find what sits right with you. Songwriters are such amazing folks! The way their words can touch your heart - wow. Such talent!!
5. Driving. Yeah, I know - call me crazy - I don't mind! LOL I don't take trips like I used to because of gas prices lately...but oh how I love a good road trip! When the hubby and I go on a driving trip, I usually volunteer to drive. Here's why: Once we were driving home after a party weekend and I glanced over and his eyes were shut. And he was driving!! LOL I was like, "ooooooooook, honey...time for me to take the wheel." Scared me to death! Hello?!!!? Eyes closed, doing 75 mph??? Umm...Hi, Crazy, nice to meet you. Pull it over NOW! LOL
6. Last, but certainly not least, my hubby. Yeah, he makes me happy. :o) ♥ He also makes me insane, but we'll let that go for now. LOL He's a good man with a kind heart. He loves to help people, doesn't know a stranger and makes everyone laugh. A joke teller extraordinarire that will always put a smile on your face.
Geez! How long is this post??? LOL Wrappin it up for today. One more big THANK YOU to Sharon for these lovely blog awards. I'm supposed to send this to 6 others. I don't who though...hmm. I'll think about it and let ya know. K? LOL
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Love & Peace In The Middle East,